Though people have been practicing self-care, the epidemic of Corona virus continues to grow every day rapidly. Not only creating panic among people but also becoming a major factor of concerning day to day survival.
Once the social spread begins, we have nothing to do with it. We cannot say from where the virus attacks, from whom we get infection. In this case, everybody should take proper self-care as a responsibility. By following social distance, wearing masks, washing hands with soap often, not coming out of home except for emergency work or need, these four things are very important to prevent the virus spreading. So, all of us should take proper self-care as suggested Dr. B. Ranga Reddy, President of the Infection Control Academy of India.
With the onset of the monsoon season, there is always a threat of other communicable diseases. People need to be very careful. Front line warriors who have been battling corona virus worldwide are also affected by this Covid-19. Nowadays, we can maintain our health by following self-care, self-discipline, personal hygiene, and eating nutritious foods that boost immunity.
Corona virus precautions
- Wash hands and legs often with soap or sanitizer.
- Usage of face Mask and sanitizers is mandatory in daily life. You can check when and how to use face masks here.
- Don’t touch your eyes, nose or mouth
- Cover your nose and mouth with your bent elbow or a tissue when you cough or sneeze.
- Areas where rainwater is likely to accumulate in the surrounding areas become habitats for mosquitoes and flies.
- The areas where the accumulated water becomes stagnant, like in empty drums, tanks, old junk dumping, coolers, two-wheeler tires and flower pots. These should be cleaned and dried from time to time.
- There should be proper ventilation so that the air and sunlight enter the house.
- Extra care should be taken in drainage management.
- As a result of the rainy season, naturally cold and humid climate is more likely to cause fungal infections. Skin diseases are also susceptible. Precautionary measures should be taken, as long-term illnesses such as pneumonia, asthma, and sinusitis are more likely to be affected by climate change.
- It is important to consult a doctor immediately in case of symptoms of cold, fever and cough, shortness of breath are noticed. In many cases, the virus is spreading without the exposure of any coronal symptoms. If symptoms appear early, treatment can be initiated immediately.
- Drinking water and consuming food should be vigilant when it rains. Diseases such as diarrhea, typhoid, jaundice, and cholera can be caused by drinking contaminated and water.
- Drinking lukewarm water can help prevent diseases.
- Eat hot and hygienic foods help to prevent the infection. Consuming contaminated food can cause vomiting and diarrhea. Diseases such as cholera and diarrhea can spread very easily.
- Wash vegetables thoroughly before cooking with salt and turmeric mixed water.
- Maintaining personal hygiene, self-care and leading a healthy lifestyle is crucial.
- Avoid public gatherings, parties, functions, meetings in offices and other places.
- Maintaining physical distance at grocery stores, malls.
- Avoiding people with symptoms can help prevent viral fever and infectious diseases from spreading.
- In the face of increasing pressure on hospitals and medical facilities, self-care, nutrition and hygiene and self-quarantine, may limit the spread of the virus. People with lifestyle diseases should take appropriate medication, dietary precautions.
- Meditation and Yoga help a lot to prevent covid-19.
- If diagnosed with COVID-19, take appropriate steps and strictly following the advice of a medical professional without losing confidence.
So far no proper vaccine has been found for this dreadful disease. May a correct vaccine or medicine be discovered very soon.
May all of us be blessed with Good Health, happiness and longevity. So be it.
If you like the post please leave your views in the comment box and kindly share with your friends.
Sarve Bhavantu Sukhinah